Future engineering work
PAGE LAST UPDATED: 25/04/2017 21:30. Update now
See details of routes affected by planned engineering works, including when they take effect, maps of the affected area, alternative timetables, advice for alternative travel and real-time updates.
Check my journey
Bath Spa station modernisation work between Saturday 8 and Sunday 23 April
- Start date
- 08/04/2017 00:00
- End date
- Route affected
Download map of route afected
All routes through Bath Spa
- TOC(s) affected
- Great Western Railway; South West Trains;
Network Rail is continuing to modernise the Great Western Railway throughout 2017. As part of this Bath Spa station is being improved so that the new fleet of trains can be introduced into service later this year.
As a result of this no trains will be able to call at Bath Spa during the weekends and a revised service will be in operation during the week. The station ticket office will remain open while this improvement work is taking place.
Further information can be seen here.
On Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 April the following service will be provided:
- Buses will replace trains between Bristol Temple Meads and Chippenham / Frome / Westbury but will not call Avoncliff.
- Buses will run direct between Bristol Temple Meads and Castle Cary to connect with trains to and from Weymouth.
- Trains between Cardiff Central and Portsmouth Harbour will run between Swindon and Portsmouth Harbour.
Avoncliff will be served by rail replacement buses to the nearby village of Westwood.
Midweek from Tuesday 18 to Friday 21 April the following service will be provided:
- Trains between London Paddington and Bristol Temple Meads will run hourly calling at Chippenham and Bath Spa.
- Trains between Cardiff Central and Portsmouth Harbour will run hourly.
- Trains between Bristol Temple Meads and Westbury will run hourly with some trains extended through to Weymouth.
- South West Trains will run a limited service between Bristol Temple Meads and Salisbury.
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
Non folding bicycles are not allowed on rail replacement bus services at any time. Folding bicycles are allowed if fully folded. For more information, please see here.
You can read more about the modernisation of Bath Spa station from Network Rail.