London Marathon - Sunday 13 April 2014
The 34th London Marathon takes place on Sunday 13 April.
Twitter: @LondonMarathonRecommended station/s
An enhanced Sunday service will operate across c2c routes with additional trains at peak travelling times. Services throughout the day will be strengthened and the majority of services will be formed of eight cars;
- Extra Laindon to London Fenchurch Street services (half hourly between 07.50 and 11.50)
- Extra London Fenchurch Street to Laindon services (half hourly between 15.30 and 19.00)
- Additional 07.29 Grays to London Fenchurch Street via Rainham service
In connection, the 08.29 Barking to Grays service starts from London Fenchurch Street at 08.13 also calls additionally at Limehouse and West Ham.
Additional services will run as follows:
- The extra early morning train from Banbury leaves at 06:40 and calls at Bicester North at 06:55, Haddenham and Thame Parkway at 07:07, High Wycombe at 07:22. Beaconsfield at 07:28, Gerrards Cross at 07:34 and arrives at London Marylebone at 07:57.
- The extra early morning train from Aylesbury leaves at 07:00 and calls at Princes Risborough at 07:15, High Wycombe at 07:26, Beaconsfield at 07:32, Gerrards Cross at 07:38 and arrives at London Marylebone at 08:05.
- They are also running an additional train from High Wycombe to London Marylebone which will be perfect for spectators. The train starts from High Wycombe at 09:18 and then calls at Beaconsfield at 09:25, Gerrards Cross at 09:31 and arrives at London Marylebone at 09:54
On race day, marathon runners, race officials and St John Ambulance volunteers will be eligible for free travel on Chiltern Railways services until 1700. To be able to do this, runners and race officials must show their official running number, course pass or bib. St John Ambulance volunteers must be in uniform and show their ID card.
A special Train service will be in operation from start of service between Shenfield and Liverpool Street. The usual Engineering Works from start of service until 08:00 will NOT be taking place between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.Journeys may be affected by planned engineering work.
Engineering Works will be taking place between Thorpe Le Soken and Clacton.
Liverpool Street to Clacton services will be diverted to Walton. Thorpe Le Soken to Walton shuttle Services will not operate. Buses replace trains between Thorpe Le Soken and Clacton.Please see our engineering works page for more information.
First Great Western
There will be an additional service running from Reading to London Paddington at 06:44 calling at Slough 07.03, Southall 07.12, Ealing Broadway 07.18, arriving at London Paddington 07.32 . Also, the 06:29 and 07:29 services from Twyford to London Paddington will start from Reading at 06:22 and 07:22.
First Capital Connect
Journeys may be affected by planned engineering work. Please see our engineering works page for more information.
Lift refurbishment work will be taking place in the Northern line ticket hall at Elephant & Castle station, until September 2014.
To avoid delays, customers are advised to use the lifts in the Bakerloo line ticket hall. A signposted walking route is available.
South West TrainsOnly the minimum of engineering work is planned in the London area and South West Trains will be running a near normal service (there is planned work between Barnes and Hounslow). Details of this can be found on our engineering works page.
Southeastern will operate additional and amended services - extra trains will run from London Charing Cross and London Bridge towards Dartford via Greenwich and Bexleyheath.
Runners and spectators booking with Southeastern for the marathon can also take advantage of the company’s current deal offering 25 per cent off many off-peak single, day return and open return fares. The offer applies for travel on all Southeastern mainline and high speed services and should be booked online at www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/railsale.
The following three additional services will run on the day of the marathon:
- 05:33 Manchester Piccadilly - London Euston
- 05:50 Liverpool Lime Street - London Euston
- 06:00 Wolverhampton - London Euston
LUL, London Overground and DLR
There will be additional trains ran by London Underground and DLR.
There's free travel on the Tube, bus, London Overground, tram and Docklands Light Railway (DLR) for all runners, race officials and on-duty St. John Ambulance volunteers on race day from early morning until 17:00. Just show your race number, your official's course pass or tabard. St. John Ambulance volunteers must be in uniform and show their ID card.
Plan Your Journey to this event
You can plan your journey to this event by using the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner.