60+ London Oyster photocard - for residents of London aged 60 and over
What is a 60+ London Oyster photocard?
A 60+ London Oyster photocard is for residents of London Boroughs aged 60 and over who do not yet qualify for a Freedom Pass. It was introduced in November 2012 by the Mayor of London to provide those who meet this criteria, with concessionary travel on London's public transport network.
For details of how to apply visit the the 60+ London website.
Unlimited free travel is permitted on Tube, Docklands Light Railway, London Buses and London Tramlink services but some time restrictions for travel on National Rail services apply. These are shown on the 60+ London map and are detailed below.
Where can a 60+ London photocard be used on National Rail services?
On the following Train Company services, 60+ London photocards are valid any time at weekends and on public holidays. On Monday to Friday, free travel is only permitted at the following times:
- c2c: At any time on all services between London Fenchurch Street and Upminster and from 09:30 on services between Rainham and Barking.
- Chiltern Railways: From 09:30 plus valid any time on all services between Amersham and Marylebone and between West Ruislip and South Ruislip.
- Great Northern: From 09:30 plus valid any time on all services between Finsbury Park and Kings Cross/Moorgate.
- Great Western Railway: From 09:30 on all services.
- Greater Anglia: From 09:30 plus valid any time on all services between Stratford and London Liverpool Street.
- Heathrow Connect: From 09:30 on services between London Paddington and Hayes & Harlington only.
- London Midland: At any time on all services between Harrow & Wealdstone and London Euston only.
- London Overground: At any time on all services.
- Southeastern: From 09:30 plus valid any time on all services between Elephant & Castle and City Thameslink.
- Southern: From 09:30 plus valid on services between Clapham Junction and Harrow & Wealdstone from 09:00.
- South West Trains: From 09:30 on all services.
- Thameslink: From 09:30 plus valid any time on all services between West Hampstead Thameslink and Elephant & Castle/London Bridge
Where 60+ London photocards cannot be used
Free travel is not available:
- on any services outside of the area shown on the 60+ London map
- on Southeastern high speed services
- on Gatwick Express services between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport
- on any train services operated by East Midlands Trains, Hull Trains, Grand Central, Heathrow Express , Virgin Trains East Coast or Virgin Trains.
They are not valid for travel in First Class accommodation.
For travel beyond the 60+ London map you must buy a separate extension ticket before you travel. Please show your pass at the ticket office when buying tickets.
Travelling with Children?
If you are travelling on London Overground, London Underground or DLR services after 09:30 Mondays-Fridays (or at anytime at weekend or on public holidays) you can take up to four under-11s with you for free.
How do I use my 60+ London Oyster photocards?
You must touch your pass flat on the yellow card reader at the gates at the beginning and end of your journey.
More information is available from the 60+ London website.