- Travel for the over 55's anywhere in Scotland for only £19 return
- Type of offer
- Ordinary Promotion
- Nearest stations
To get this great Club 55 deal, all you need to do is provide proof that you’re 55 or over. It really is that easy!
- Standard Class travel between any two stations in Scotland for only £19 return
- It is also valid for travel from most stations in Scotland to and from Carlisle or Berwick-upon-Tweed
- Club 55 is not subject to availability and does not need to be booked in advance
Club 55 Premier
If you want a touch of added luxury, Club 55 Premier lets you travel First Class for only £26 return on the following routes:
- Aberdeen and Inverness
- Aberdeen and Edinburgh / Glasgow
- Inverness and Edinburgh / Glasgow
- To ensure the comfort of your trip, Club 55 Premier must be booked no later than18:00 the day before travel and is subject to availability
- Participating train companies
- East Coast; ScotRail; First TransPennine Express; Virgin Trains; CrossCountry;
Club 55 - £19
Club 55 Premier - £26
Senior Railcard holders, as well as Disabled Persons Railcard Holders over the age of 55, get an additional bonus – a further £2 discount off both Club 55 and Club 55 Premier fares.
- Discounts available with these products
- Area of validity
- Further Information
For further information see
- Adult minimum
Not valid for travel between Berwick-upon-Tweed and Carlisle.
Club 55 Premier ticket holders are not granted access to First Class lounges.
You can travel on all services except:
- East Coast services on Sundays between Aberdeen and Edinburgh, in both directions, including intermediate stations.
Monday to Friday
- Those arriving into Glasgow Queen Street, Glasgow Central, Edinburgh Waverley, Haymarket, Dundee or Aberdeen before 09:30. Journeys which do not involve a change, but pass through the above stations before 0930 are allowed.
- Those departing Glasgow Queen Street, Glasgow Central, Edinburgh Waverley or Haymarket between 16:42 and 18:09
- The 18:15 Edinburgh Waverley to Glasgow Queen Street and 18:15 Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley services
- The last day of outward travel is 30 November 2012, however return travel is valid for 1 month from date of outward travel
- Period of availability
- 9/3/2012 - 11/30/2012
- Available to purchase
- 8/15/2012 - 11/30/2012
- Buying your tickets
- Tickets are also available from staffed rail stations or by calling ScotRail Telesales direct on 08457 55 00 33
- Tickets may also be purchased on a ScotRail train when boarding at a station where no booking facilities are available. Please note it is not possible to buy Club 55 tickets on trains run by other operators
- Booking conditions
Refunds and changes to travel plans
- A full refund is available on unused Club 55 tickets before the date of outward travel, subject to a £10 adminstration fee
- Customers cannot change their date of outward travel once the ticket has been purchased.
- Tickets are valid for return travel up to one calendar month from the date of outward travel
- Customers cannot break their journey other than for connectional purposes