- You can buy a Network Railcard for only £30 and save 1/3 off most rail fares for journeys in the Network Railcard area.
- Type of offer
- Ordinary Promotion
- Nearest stations
The card costs just £30, so if you make one journey that normally costs £92 or a couple of shorter trips you've covered the cost. And you can look forward to dramatic savings throughout the year.
The added benefit is that up to three adults can travel with you and they will also get 1/3 off their rail fare. Plus, you can take up to four children (aged 5 to 15 years) with you and save 60% on each child fare.
There are plenty of ways you can use your Railcard, for both long and short trips. You can travel any time on weekends and public holidays or from 10.00am Monday to Friday. You may be able to start your journey a little earlier than 10.00am, see Easements for details or check at your local station.
- Participating train companies
- Abellio Greater Anglia; c2c; Chiltern Railways; CrossCountry; Virgin Trains East Coast; East Midlands Trains; First Great Western; Gatwick Express; Great Northern; Island Line; London Midland; London Overground; South West Trains; Southeastern; Southern; Thameslink; Virgin Trains;
£30 for a whole year
- Discounts available with these products
- Area of validity
- Further Information
For further information see
- Adult minimum
- Adult maximum
- Child maximum
A Network Railcard gives discounts on the following tickets for travel in the Network Railcard area:
- Anytime tickets
- Off-Peak tickets
- Off-Peak Day Travelcards (Zones 1-6)
- Anytime Day Travelcard (when bought as part of your ticket to London from outside London Zones 1-6)
You can also save on inclusive train and bus 'PLUSBUS' tickets, and journeys to the Isle of Wight using Wightlink or Red Funnel (Ferries or ‘Red Jet’) services. Special adult minimum fares and special higher child fares apply on these services.
- Some tickets may have conditions or restrictions that will apply, such as time restrictions for return travel from central London
- Not every ticket type is available for every journey that you may wish to make
- Minimum fares apply for all journeys Monday to Friday
- Discounted adult fares are subject to a £13 minimum fare, Monday to Friday, except Public Holidays. The minimum fare does not apply at weekends
- Discounted child fares are subject to a £1 minimum fare at all times
- Anytime Day Travelcards are subject to a minimum fare of £15.00 and London Area Zones 1 – 6 Off-Peak Day Travelcards are subject to a £5.30 minimum fare on weekends and public holidays
- Minimum fares apply to each individual travelling, not to the total value of tickets purchased
- Period of availability
- 02/12/2009 - Until further notice
- Available to purchase
- 02/12/2009 - Until further notice
- Buying your tickets
To buy a Network Railcard you will need to complete an application form available from the Network Railcard website and take it to the ticket office at your local staffed National Rail station in the Network Railcard area
Application forms are also available at your local staffed National Rail station in the Network Railcard area
PLEASE NOTE: When planning a journey with our Journey Planner, in the Passengers and Railcards section simply select the number and type of Railcards that you will be travelling with and click 'Add' after each selection. When the fares are displayed, click on one of the prices to see how much money you've saved by using your Railcard!
- Booking conditions
Terms and Conditions of use of the Network Railcard