- If you are over 55, you can travel anywhere on the Arriva Trains Wales network from as little as £17.00
- Type of offer
- Ordinary Promotion
- Nearest stations
The promotion will run from 2 September 2012 to 24 March 2013, but not between 18 December 2012 and 4 January 2013
There are 3 options available:
- The ticket is available through the Arriva Trains Wales website for £17.00
- Buy your ticket at the station or from other rail retail outlets for £19 (non Friday travel)
- Buy your ticket at the station or from other rail retail outlets for £24 (any day travel)
A Senior or Disabled Railcard gives a £1 discount.
Travel is valid between any 2 stations on the Arriva Trains Wales network and journeys may also be extended into other areas on the Network Map with other train operators for an additional payment.
- Chiltern Railways - Travel to London via Birmingham for an additional £20.50 add-on to your New Arriva Club 55 ticket. An interchange between Arriva Trains Wales services and Chiltern Railways is available using London Midland between Smethwick Galton Bridge to Birmingham Moor Street as part of the Chiltern upgrade fare
- CrossCountry – Travel to Birmingham for an additional £11 add-on to your New Arriva Club 55 ticket.
- London Midland – Travel to Crewe, Liverpool, Runcorn and Worcester for an additional £5 add-on to your New Arriva Club 55 ticket.
- Northern Rail – Travel to Bolton, Bromley Cross, Burscough Bridge, Chassen Road, Chelford, Disley, Glossop, Greenfield, Knutsford, Manchester Airport, New Mills Central, Oldham, Patricroft, Poynton, Rochdale and Wigan for an additional £1.50 add-on to your New Arriva Club 55 ticket.
- Merseyrail – Travel to Bidston, Hunts Cross, Kirby, New Brighton, Ormskirk, Southport and West Kirby for an additional £1 add-on to your New Arriva Club 55 ticket.
Proof of age is not required when purchasing return tickets. However customers may be required to show proof of age, in the form of photographic ID or Driving License, during their journey.
Club 55 Premier Upgrade
First Class travel is available for an extra supplement on the Club 55 fare, priced between £60 to £100 depending on the length of the journey being made. The Premier Upgrade is available on the following services:
- 05:32 Holyhead to Cardiff Central
- 16:15 Cardiff Central to Holyhead (18:21 from 17 September)
- Participating train companies
- Arriva Trains Wales;
Senior Railcard and Disabled Railcard holders receive a £1.00 discount
- Discounts available with these products
- Area of validity
- Further Information
For further information see
- Adult minimum
- To take up this offer you must be aged 55 or over and provide proof of age when you travel using a Club 55 ticket. We will only accept passport, driving licence or pension book as proof of age.
- Customers who are unable or refuse to provide proof of age on request will be required to purchase a new ticket as if no Club 55 ticket is held, no credit will be given for the Club 55 ticket.
- Club 55 travel will be valid between 2 September 2012 and 24 March 2013, excluding the period from 18 December 2012 to 4 January 2013. Outward travel is permitted on the date shown on the ticket and return travel is permitted within eight days of the outward journey. All travel must be completed by 24 March 2013. Travel on 25 March 2013 or later will require a new ticket (non-Club 55) to be purchased.
- Travel Restrictions: Travel is not permitted for journeys to/from Cardiff on 10, 16 and 24 November, 1 December 2012, 2 February 2013 or 16 March 2013 and to/from Cheltenham/Gloucester between 12 and 15 March 2013. You cannot use a Club 55 ticket to travel between the Christmas & New Year period 18 December to 4 January 2013. On Mondays to Fridays, some morning travel restrictions will apply. Journeys may not be made which arrive into Cardiff stations, Birmingham New St, Manchester stations or Liverpool Lime St / Central before 9:30am and 10.00am for London Marylebone. Evening travel restrictions also apply to departures from London Marylebone from 4.00pm to 7.00pm.
On Mondays to Fridays, some morning travel restrictions will apply. Journeys may not be made which arrive into Cardiff Central, Birmingham New St, Manchester Piccadilly or Liverpool Lime St / Central before 9:30am and 10.00am for London Marylebone. Evening travel restrictions also apply to departures from London Marylebone from 4.00pm to 7.00pm.
- A £1 discount to Senior Railcard and Disabled Persons Railcard holders is available on Club 55. Other than this, there are no other railcard/child concessions available in conjunction with this offer.
- Travel is valid on the entire Arriva Trains Wales network and the services of the following operators (supplementary return add-on fare applies):
Chiltern Railways Between Birmingham Moor Street and London Marylebone (£20.50 add-on).
Cross Country Between Cheltenham and Birmingham New St only (£11 add-on).
London Midland Between Crewe and Liverpool only and Hereford and Worcester Foregate Street only (£5.00 add-on).
Northern Rail Services in the Greater Manchester County – Bursough Bridge/Bromley Cross/Glossop/Littleborough/Greenfield/Poynton and Patricroft (£1.50 add-on).
Merseyrail Any station on the Merseyrail network (£1.00 add-on)
Add-on fares are only allowed at one end of the journey and not both. Journeys may start or end on the add-on area of the partner train operating companies. Add-on fares must be purchased as a complete journey when the Club 55 ticket is being purchased and cannot be purchased with out the core Arriva Trains Wales Club 55 ticket or as an addition at a later date. Club 55 tickets can be used on the services of other train operators within the Arriva Trains Wales network for line of route travel only using the following operators: First Great Western, Cross Country, London Midland, Virgin Trains between North Wales and Crewe. Travel on the services of operators not included in the Club 55 offer will require a new ticket to be purchased.
Some Club 55 tickets will have limitations on the train operating companies that can be used on some journeys and only the company or combinations of companies shown on the ticket.
- Club 55 Website & Club 55 Anyday Tickets - You can travel on any day, Monday to Sunday.
- Club 55 Not Friday Ticket - You can travel Monday to Thursday and at weekends. Fridays are excluded. Passengers travelling on a Friday using this ticket will be subject to a £5 excess charge.
- Date of outward travel may be changed providing this is done before the date of outward travel admin fee applies. Changes on or after the date of outward travel will be treated as refunds and a new ticket will have to be purchased. Any change of date must be within the scope of the offer.
- Refunds. A full refund, less administration fee, will be granted on unused Club 55 tickets. There are no refunds for part used tickets (this includes travel in one direction only or any journey not completed before 24 March 2013).
- All tickets are issued subject to National Conditions of Carriage and can be used by any permitted route or any additional routing permitted on the ticket. Travel beyond the map shown in the leaflet or on the website will require a new, additional ticket to be purchased for that journey.
- Seat reservations are optional with this offer.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Club 55 is a limited time offer valid for travel from 2 September 2012 until 24 March 2013 including the terms and conditions and restrictions as detailed above.
- Period of availability
- 9/2/2012 - 3/24/2013
- Available to purchase
- 8/30/2012 - 3/24/2013
- Buying your tickets
- Book online on the Arriva Trains Wales website
- Any station booking office. Click here to view the station list
- By calling 0844 3751 546. Telesales are open between 08:00 and 20:00 Monday to Saturday or 09:00 and 17:00 Sundays
- On an Arriva Trains Wales train when boarding at a station where no booking facilities are available