- If you buy an Annual Season ticket or Annual Travelcard in the South of England, you may qualify for an Annual Gold Card which offer discounts on leisure rail travel
- Type of offer
- Ordinary Promotion
- Nearest stations
If you buy an Annual Season ticket or Annual Travelcard in the South of England, you may qualify for an Annual Gold Card which offer discounts on leisure rail travel.
When you buy an adult Annual Season ticket or Annual Travelcard at a station within the Annual Gold Card area and the origin and/or destination are also in the Annual Gold Card area, you are automatically issued with an Annual Gold Card or a Gold Record Card if your Season ticket is issued on smartcard or an Oyster card.
As well as being an Annual Season ticket, you also get a range of discounts on other leisure rail journeys in the Annual Gold Card area for yourself and others.
On Friday 2 January 2015, Annual Gold Card discount benefits were simplified and aligned with other popular Railcard discounts. The new discount benefits apply to all Annual Gold Cards, including Annual Gold Card Season tickets, Annual Gold Travelcards and Gold Record Cards, regardless of when they were issued.
- 1/3 off Standard and First Class Anytime and Off-Peak tickets for the cardholder and up to three adults aged 16 or over travelling with them
- 60% off child fares for up to four children aged between 5 and 15 years (subject to a £1 minimum fare)
- Up to two children aged under 5 years travel free of charge.
- A one year Railcard for £10 for you or a friend – choose from a 16-25, Family & Friends, Senior, Two Together, Disabled Persons or Network Railcard. You can purchase one discounted Railcard, subject to eligibility, during the validity of your Annual Gold Card. See Discounted Railcards section for details.
- 1/3 off Off-Peak Day Travelcard Zones 1-6
- 1/3 off Oyster Off-Peak pay as you go single fares and the pay as you go daily price cap (after 09:30 Monday to Friday) for journeys on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway services. The Annual Gold Card discount must be loaded on the Oyster card at London Underground ticket offices and is available to the Annual Gold Card holder only.
- 1/3 off Anytime Day Travelcards when bought as part of your ticket to London from outside London Zones 1-9 (subject to time restrictions and a £17 minimum fare)
- 1/3 off PLUSBUS Day tickets in the Network Railcard area
- Discounts on journeys to the Isle of Wight using Wightlink, Red Funnel and HoverTravel. The Annual Gold Card discount is applied to this section of your journey provided a through ticket is issued. These railcards do not secure a discount on port to port only tickets.
The maximum group size is four adults, four fare-paying children and two children under 5 (who travel at no charge). The Annual Gold Card holder must travel with the group at all times.
Annual Gold Card holders do not need to purchase a ticket for themselves if the journey being made is covered by their Annual Season ticket. When buying discounted Day Travelcards for accompanying adults or children, the Annual Gold Card holder must ensure their Annual Season ticket is also valid for travel in the London Fare Zone they wish to travel to, otherwise they must purchase a discounted Off-Peak Day Travelcard for themselves as well.
Discounts are available for travel at or after 09:30 hours on Mondays to Fridays. Valid at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
Please note: You must apply for these discounts at the station where the Annual Gold Card was purchased, the applications are not available online.
- Participating train companies
- Greater Anglia; Arriva Trains Wales; c2c; Chiltern Railways; CrossCountry; East Midlands Trains; Great Western Railway; Gatwick Express; Great Northern; Heathrow Connect; Heathrow Express; Island Line; London Midland; London Overground; South West Trains; Southeastern; Southern; Thameslink;
- When you buy an adult Annual Season ticket or Annual Travelcard at a station within the Annual Gold Card area and the origin and/or destination are also in the Annual Gold Card area, you are automatically issued with an Annual Gold Card
- Discounts available with these products
- Area of validity
- Map of Annual Gold Card Validity
- Further Information
- See the Annual Gold Card page for full details
- Adult minimum
- Adult maximum
- Child maximum
Changes to the Scheme
The right is reserved at any time to amend or withdraw from any part of the Annual Gold Card Scheme, and also the ticket types and reduced fares included in the Scheme. Every endeavour will be made to give adequate notice of any changes before they are due to come into effect. You should enquire about current conditions and travel restrictions prior to travel.
- Period of availability
- 07/04/2011 - 01/01/2015
- Available to purchase
- 07/04/2011 - Until further notice
- Buying your tickets
- You can buy an Annual Gold Card Season ticket or Annual Gold Travelcard from any station within the Network Railcard Area.