- If you are disabled, you can buy a Disabled Railcard for only £20 or £54. Save 1/3 on Standard and First Class rail fares
- Type of offer
- Ordinary Promotion
- Nearest stations
The Disabled Persons Railcard is available to disabled adults and children.
The Railcard allows you and an adult companion with you to save 1/3 on Standard and First Class rail fares throughout Great Britain for a whole year or 3 whole years.
The card costs just £20 for a whole year or £54 for three whole years, so if you make one journey that normally costs £54 or a couple of shorter trips you've covered the cost. And you can look forward to dramatic savings for 12 whole months.
There are plenty of ways you can use your Railcard, for both long and short trips. Better still you can use it almost anytime during the week, weekends and Public Holidays.
- Participating train companies
- Greater Anglia; Arriva Trains Wales; c2c; Caledonian Sleeper; Chiltern Railways; CrossCountry; East Midlands Trains; Great Western Railway; Hull Trains; TransPennine Express; Gatwick Express; Grand Central; Great Northern; Heathrow Connect; Heathrow Express; Island Line; London Midland; London Overground; Merseyrail; Northern; ScotRail; South West Trains; Southeastern; Southern; Stansted Express; TfL Rail; Thameslink; Virgin Trains; Virgin Trains East Coast;
Save 1/3 on Standard and First Class rail fares throughout Great Britain.
You can save 10% off a 1-year Disabled Persons Railcard. The offer is available online only at www.railcard.co.uk/summer using the promotional code SUMMER and expires 23.59hrs 18 July 2016. The offer is not available at stations or other retail outlets.
Save 1/2 on Standard and First Class rail fares throughout Great Britain.
- Discounts available with these products
- Area of validity
- Further Information
For further information see
1. Tickets for your journey should be purchased before boarding the train and when buying tickets you must show the Railcard. You must have the Railcard with you on your journey and show the valid Railcard and ticket to rail staff at their request. If you do not show both the Railcard and the ticket, you will be required to pay the full price Standard or First Class Single fare, as appropriate for your journey as if no ticket was purchased before starting the journey and in some cases a penalty fare. This does not apply if there was no ticket office at the station at which you began your journey or if the ticket office was closed and there was no ticket machine from which you could buy a discounted ticket.
2. Time restrictions - ask for details.
3. In the case of some low price tickets the actual discount with a Railcard may be slightly lower than that advertised.
4. The right is reserved to revise these Conditions and availability of the tickets detailed here. The Train Companies will endeavour to give three months' notice of any changes before they are due to come into effect.
5. Tickets issued to the holder of the Railcard are issued subject to the National Rail Conditions of Travel. Copies of the National Rail Conditions of Travel are available from any staffed station ticket office.
- Period of availability
- 05/03/2008 - Until further notice
- Available to purchase
- 05/03/2008 - Until further notice
- Buying your tickets
You must provide proof that you qualify for the Disabled Persons Railcard. You might qualify if you have a visual impairment or a hearing impairment or have epilepsy or are in receipt of a disability related benefit.
The Disabled Person's Railcard can either be purchased online, through telesales or by completing the form available on the Disabled Person's Railcard website and send to the address given in the Rail Travel Made Easy leaflet with proof of your entitlement.
Existing Railcard holders who want to renew their card can do so by phone on 0845 605 0525 or online on the Disabled Person's Railcard website
PLEASE NOTE: When planning a journey with our Journey Planner, in the Passengers and Railcards section simply select the number and type of Railcards that you will be travelling with and click 'Add' after each selection. When the fares are displayed, click on one of the prices to see how much money you've saved by using your Railcard!