How is NRE Organised and Funded?
National Rail Enquiries offers services on behalf of Great Britain's franchised Train Companies.
The head of each NRE team reporting to the Chief Executive. The Chief Executive reports to National Rail Enquiries Board and the Chief Executive of the ATOC.
The teams within NRE are:
- Passenger Information – responsible for the ongoing provision of concise, consistent and accurate information which is delivered through NRE’s information channels
- Online Services – responsible for the strategic development and day-to-day operation of NRE’s self-service systems
- Contact Centres – responsible for the strategic development and day-to-day operation of NRE’s contact centres in the UK and India
- Commercial – responsible for the day-to-day and strategic financial planning for NRE
- Business Development - responsible for improving the reputation of NRE across the industry. Also leads the strategic development of NRE’s relationships with TOCs/third-parties, whilst increasing their usage of NRE services.
ATOC is formed of a number of Schemes to manage particular items of business (such as through ticketing, NRE and Rail Staff Travel) where the train operating companies are required to work together. NRE is such a scheme.
Each scheme member makes a financial contribution to the service, depending on the number of passenger using the services of the scheme. The schemes are governed by their own independent councils, which elects management groups to handle the day-to-day operations of the Scheme.
Back to 'About National Rail Enquiries'