Real time information – Powered by Darwin
‘Darwin’ is the source of information that feeds all of NRE’s real time services, providing predictions and actual train movements across the National Rail network in real time.
Darwin takes the scheduled timetable and enriches it with real time train movement information from across the network. It also receives messages about cancellations and alterations that are sent from Train Company control offices.
The NRE services that Darwin feeds:
- Journey Planner
- SMS Alerts – sent to customers who have subscribed to receive them
- TrainTracker™ - National Rail Enquiries’ real time automated voice recognition service
- TrainTracker™ Text – an SMS version of the Journey Planner
- Live Departure Boards - a web-based station departure board
- Contact Centre Journey Planner (CCJP) – the powerful journey planning system used by the contact centres
- Customer Information Systems (CIS) – provided to some Train Companies, businesses and local authorities
- National Rail Enquiries for iPhone application
Back to 'About National Rail Enquiries'