Service alteration details

PAGE LAST UPDATED: 16/08/2018 23:22. Update now

Find out details about how services are running and be informed on any disruption on your journey.

Amended Northern timetable until September

Incident created
13/04/2018 09:12
Last updated
11/08/2018 09:03
Route affected

Various Northern routes

 
TOC(s) affected
Northern;
Description

At the beginning of June, Northern removed 168 services per day from their timetable. 75% of these services have now been reinstated, the remaining 25% will be reintroduced in September.

The following routes are still affected: 

Blackpool

A reduced service is running between Blackpool South and Colne - 13 services per day have been removed from the timetable and will be reintroduced in September.

Lancashire

A reduced service is running between Ormskirk and Preston - 6 services per day have been removed from the timetable and will be reintroduced in September.

A small number of services between Blackburn and Southport via Manchester Victoria have been removed from the timetable. We anticipate that these services will be reinstated in September. 

Manchester

A reduced service is running on the Kirkby to Manchester Victoria line via Wigan. 6 services per day have been removed from the timetable and will be reintroduced in September.

Liverpool City Region

The vast majority of Northern services are now running to and from Liverpool.

Exceptions are 4 trains between Liverpool and Manchester Oxford Road, and 15 services between Liverpool and Warrington Bank Quay. These will be reintroduced on Monday 3 September.

Ticket acceptance:

If your Northern train is cancelled or delayed, you may use your ticket to travel on TransPennine Express, Virgin Trains, Merseyrail, London North Eastern Railway, CrossCountry or East Midlands Trains services.

Check before you travel:

You can check your journey using the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner until Friday 24 August. Please note that Northern services may also be affected by Industrial Action on Saturday 25 August.

Twitter:
If you would like to follow this incident on Twitter, please use #NorthernUpdates

Compensation:
You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey. Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.

Feedback:
We want to make information better – tell us how! Fill out this online Disruption Survey.