May Bank Holiday Travel Summary 2017
Major engineering work is taking place during May Bank Holiday between 29 April and 1 May 2017.
- No trains between London Liverpool Street and Shenfield / Ingatestone / Billericay
- Buses replace trains between Carlisle and Glasgow Central / Edinburgh
- No Southern services to / from London Bridge
Train Operating Company Travel Details
For a summary of the train services being provided by each Train Operating Company during the May Bank Holiday period, please choose the company you will be travelling with from the list below:
- The National Rail Enquiries website includes a Cheapest Fare Finder tool. Users will now be offered a cheaper alternative route to the journey requested, if there is one available. Being flexible on the days and times you can travel often means you can find a cheaper ticket, and passengers are recommended to check if they are eligible for a Railcard, which gives them a third off most rail fares including Advance tickets. The Cheapest Fare Finder tool is available here.
- If you are travelling long distances then we strongly recommend that you reserve a seat where possible to ensure a comfortable journey.
- Please check our 'Buying Advance Tickets' page frequently to see when tickets are available to buy and when seats are available for reservations.
- For the latest rail travel news, why not follow National Rail Enquiries on Twitter or Facebook? Details of our social media services are available here.
Travelling in London
Details of London Underground, buses, trams and river services operated by Transport for London over the May bank holiday will be available from the Transport for London website.