Discounts available on National Rail services
There are always a range of discounted tickets available which can save you money if you travel during off-peak times.
Subject to eligibility, there may be even more savings to be made.
What other discounts or concessions are available?
Additional discounts are available for:
- Children – for those aged up to 15. See our discounts for children page for more information.
- Railcards – there are a range of Railcards available usually offering discounts of around one third on most Standard and First Class fares. There are a selection of national Railcards as well as some more local regional Railcards which can only be used in specific areas of the national network.
- Group travel – most Train Companies offer discounts for groups of people travelling together. See our Group travel page for more information.
- Local Authority discounted travel - some local authorities or councils offer concessionary travel schemes, which enable local residents who are elderly or disabled to use public and community transport services more affordably. To find out whether your council offers a concessionary travel scheme visit our pages or contact the Concessionary Travel office at your local council offices. Disabled people who do not hold a Disabled Persons Railcard - if you are registered blind or visually-impaired and are travelling with a companion, or need to remain in your own wheelchair throughout your rail journey, you can obtain discounts off of Anytime tickets. Find out more information.
- Charity Discount – Flexible travel for registered charities for those travelling with Virgin Trains - find out more information.