Find out how National Rail Enquiries can help you with your travel information needs whilst you’re on the move
National Rail Enquiries now offers information service to customers on the move, our website is viewable on handheld devices and we provide text based and phone based self-service information. All these channels are updates simultaneously and in real time, so you are guaranteed the latest information regardless of how you choose to access it.Social Media
You can get the latest rail travel news through our Twitter and Facebook channels. As soon as there is any disruption to the rail network, we'll post it on our Twitter and Facebook accounts with a link to get more details and advice on alternative options.
Please use this link for more information on our Social Media services.
Our Alert Me service can be configured to send you text messages, tweets or emails when your train is delayed or cancelled. So, whether you travel by train on daily basis or travel every so often, you'll be kept up to date if we are aware of any problems with your train.
Further information including how to sign up is available here.
TrainTracker™ can be accessed by calling 0871 200 49 50 (calls may be monitored for quality and training purposes)
TrainTracker™ offers live arrival / departure board information over the phone. TrainTracker™ :
- Uses speech recognition, allowing you to say what you want
- Looks up estimated train times and delivers these to you by automated voice
- Reads you a station-specific status message
- Has up-to-date real-time information from the live departures and arrivals boards
- Costs only 10p per minute from a land-line, charges for calls from mobile phones will vary (details may be obtained from your network provider).
Please Note: calls to TrainTracker™ may be monitored for quality and training purposes.
Back to top
TrainTracker Text™ provides live departure & arrival information direct to your mobile by texting your station or journey to 8 49 50 (costs 25p for each successful reply).
- Text My Journey
- TrainTracker Text™
- Transport for London: See the Transport for London mobile services site (opens a new window) for more information.
The new National Rail Enquiries website is designed to allow access from a number of devices and web browsers at www.nationalrail.co.uk. A summary list of devices supported is given below. If you have a request for support of another device, please let us know by filling in a feedback form.
Supported PDA Devices:
- Pocket PC
- Sony Ericsson P900 and P901
- Hewlett Packard Ipaq
- Windows CE
- Live Departures and Arrivals Accelerator
- Engineering Works Webslice
- Special Offers Webslice