Special offers A-ZAdd unlimited bus travel around town to your train ticket
What is PLUSBUS?
It’s a discount price bus pass for unlimited bus travel around the town or city that you start and/or end your rail journey. You can buy PLUSBUS with your train ticket and pay for your complete door-to-door journey by train and bus in one easy purchase.
How does PLUSBUS work?
Ask for PLUSBUS when buying your train ticket the station or by phone. PLUSBUS gives you unlimited bus travel around the whole town on all participating bus operators' services. Your bus travel can be at the start, the end, or both parts of your train journey. For each town there is one zone that covers the whole urban area.
PLUSBUS can be added to most types of walk-up & Advance train tickets:
- day return
- period return (you will need to specify your return date)
- season ticket (for set periods of 7 days, 1 month, 3 months or 1 year: the period must be within the validity of your rail season ticket)
Where is PLUSBUS available?
How much does PLUSBUS cost?
Most PLUSBUS tickets cost around £2 to £3 a day. Railcard holders get one-third off PLUSBUS day ticket prices.
Where do I buy PLUSBUS?
Ask for PLUSBUS when buying your train ticket at the station or by phone. It can save you money and is more convenient than buying separate tickets. What's more you can pay with cash, credit or debit card.
You can buy PLUSBUS at:
Any staffed National Rail station ticket office.
All self-service ticket vending machines at stations managed by East Midlands Trains and South West Trains now sell PLUSBUS day tickets. Several other Train Companies are in the process of setting-up their ticketing vending machines to offer PLUSBUS day tickets.
On the train from the Conductor or Train Manager in circumstances where there was no opportunity to purchase at the station before boarding.
Online at the following Train Company websites:
- Arriva Trains Wales
- Chiltern Railways
- East Coast
- East Midlands Trains
- First Capital Connect
- First Great Western
- First TransPennine Express
- Greater Anglia
- London Midland
- Northern Rail
- South West Trains
- Virgin Trains
Also available from the following websites:
Also available by phone: 0191 387 1387
Where can I obtain more information?
- View PLUSBUS ticket prices and zone maps (showing where you can travel in each town)
- For comprehensive PLUSBUS information, including checking participating bus operators in each town, visit www.plusbus.info
- To plan your rail journey with PLUSBUS use our Journey Planner
- For bus timetable and route information visit: www.traveline.info or call 0871 200 22 33